How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14367
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question about my son, he graduated from Ft Benning

Customer Question

I have a question about my son, he graduated from Ft Benning last February (U.S. Army Infantry). He was given his station assignment just before graduation, which is Vilseck Germany. He asked his DI if he could request to change his station because he wanted to be stationed at a U.S. infantry base. His DI told him No. The DI told him that he could request to change it after he was sent there... My son has now been in Germany for 8 months and has learned that he can not even request a new base transfer until he close to his "DEROS" date? Is there ANYTHING that he can do??? He does not want to be stationed overseas..
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

I have some thoughts and will type them up...a few mins please and I can type them up. Also I will send an offer to speak on the phone in case you want to speak about this on the phone.

Related Military Law Questions