P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I am trying to join another branch of the military and part

Customer Question

hello, I am trying to join another branch of the military and part of that being is that I am trying to get released from the IRR. Can you please help me with that process?
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: Stateside...I ETSed 2 years ago
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: Yes mam...I was once released from the irr but the time got expired so my recruiter had to put in another form but the time expired again...is there some way you guys could help me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes...
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been to meps, i've passed my asvab...i passed my medical and physical... but i ve been trying to join for a year now and it's like what's the hold up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8th Marine Corps Recruiting District is where my recruiting command falls under
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sir I do...my question is is there a way to speed up the process with district to dig up my packet and get in the marine corps quicker
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thanks
Is there a way to speed this up? The district can do this...that is the Marine Corps recruiting district has the power to resolve this immediately. The problem is you can not force them to do so...you can make the request. But they are not required to respond to that request.

The best way to address this is through your recruiter...they are the ones who have direct communications with district and they can help speed this up.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.