How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14504
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was given a speeding ticket in the state of VA. For going

Customer Question

I was given a speeding ticket in the state of VA. For going 82 in a 70. In VA anything over 80 is an automatic reckless driving, misdemeanor. I am a military police for the USAF and obviously having that on my record could ruin my security clearance. I did not attend court for this case because my summons was sent to my old address. I PCS'ed and didn't have an address of the time of the incident. I was told to mail out a form asking the judge to review the case again. I don't know how to word my situation for the judge to review it again. My command doesn't know my situation yet because I'm scared of the consequences. Please help! Thank you
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: This occurred in VA but I am currently in SC
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: No not uet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you looking for help writing the letter??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what should I write in the form stating why I would the judge to review my case again. Obviously I just stated why but I need help using legal terms of course. Also I want to know the consequences of me having this misdemeanor on my record. Could I get kicked out of the military?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I will send an offer of additional services...if you accept, happy to work with you via phone/email to get the letter you are looking for