How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 33416
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm not sure I am in the right place. I am a military spouse

Customer Question

Hi! I'm not sure I am in the right place. I am a military spouse wondering what services JAG offers. We need help with a problem with negligence by our pediatric dentist.
JA: Has anything been officially filed?
Customer: No.
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: No. I am unsure if the COC deals with issues with civilian dentists
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you!
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

While the JAG office may be willing to send a letter for you or try to help you resolve the matter informally, they usually won't get involved in a civil case like this to any degree other than that.

In addition, the JAG officers aren't usually very up to date on dental or medical malpractice since it isn't really a part of their duties. You can certainly contact the local office, but you are probably going to be told that you need to find a civilian lawyer.

You can find a lawyer to assist you by going to and in the section for Area of Practice enter Civil Litigation or Dental or Medical Malpractice. Any of those will have the skill set you need.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Related Military Law Questions