Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I'm not sure I am in the right place. I am a military spouse

Customer Question

Hi! I'm not sure I am in the right place. I am a military spouse wondering what services JAG offers. We need help with a problem with negligence by our pediatric dentist.
JA: Has anything been officially filed?
Customer: No.
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: No. I am unsure if the COC deals with issues with civilian dentists
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you!
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

While the JAG office may be willing to send a letter for you or try to help you resolve the matter informally, they usually won't get involved in a civil case like this to any degree other than that.

In addition, the JAG officers aren't usually very up to date on dental or medical malpractice since it isn't really a part of their duties. You can certainly contact the local office, but you are probably going to be told that you need to find a civilian lawyer.

You can find a lawyer to assist you by going to www.lawyers.com and in the section for Area of Practice enter Civil Litigation or Dental or Medical Malpractice. Any of those will have the skill set you need.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.