How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 34530
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Due to family child custody situation, I need to resign my

Customer Question

Due to family child custody situation, I need to resign my Reserve Commission - How quickly can I request for resignation to be effective? this is hardship situation with pending court hearing
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: i'm in SC but this is a Federal position with the US Navy Reserve
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope but is there a charge?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Military Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: ok
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an attorney with over 20 years experience. Hopefully I can assist you with your question today.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.
You can request to resign immediately. That said, all resignations must be excepted by the service secretary. For this reason, your request has to go up and be approved by the service secretary or their designee. Further, if you have obligated service, there is no obligation that the secretary your request.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.
Please let me know if you have more questions. Happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may receive credit

Related Military Law Questions