How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14504
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Looking to get my Discharge on my DD 214 changed from

Customer Question

Looking to get my Discharge on my DD 214 changed from Distribution to Misconduct. Which is what it should of been.
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: Stateside
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: I have been out for 25 yrs. I am currently working with a contractor who has jobs on military bases. I recently got refused a full time pass because of the back ground check.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: think that's about the jist of it
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question...are you asking the process to request a change to the record? Or are you asking if your cases would qualify for a change?