How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14357
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a document that i believe is the DD-256A form but the

Customer Question

I have a document that i believe is the DD-256A form but the copy sent by my unit is not that great and I can't really tell if it is actually the DD-256 A. Is there a way to know other than reading the lower line of the page?
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: I'm actually living in Florida. I served as an army reserves in Ft. Buchanan, PR. from 1988 to 1996.
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: No. The letter they sent reads: " We regret some of the photocopies are of poor quality; however, they are the best we can obtain." Therefore, I didn't raise any flags about it.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Basically, I'd like to know what benefits I'm entitled to and what can I do about this document situation.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Have you requested a copy of your official records?

Related Military Law Questions