How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19651
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a soldier whom both parents are alcoholic/drug addicts

Customer Question

If a soldier whom both parents are alcoholic/drug addicts and the soldier had multiple drinking offenses before receiving a dui and was not given the proper help he or she needed to cure his disease before he/she received a duo on base and due to that duo was separated with a general under honorable discharge . Being an alcoholic is a sickness just like any soldier whom is an addict should have been sent to ASAP (Alcohol substance and abuse program) . Also due to this separation the injuries sustained due to being in the airborne infantry such as partial hearing loss due to explosions and firing weapons , as well as other bodily injuries due to multiple airborne jumps . Can a case be made to change that soldiers discharge .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Unfortunately, the discharge cannot be changed.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.