How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14368
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has been awol for 3 months from the army how do I get

Customer Question

My son has been awol for 3 months from the army how do I get him back to his unit
JA: Has anything been officially filed?
Customer: His pay has stopped and he is listed as a deserted since this has been his 323rd time going awol
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I have not do I need to. He is not willing to go back. He is scared of something
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I unbeknowing just found out grandma bought him a plane ticket from fort polk Louisiana to home. Now he has to go back. I don't know how to do this and get him back to his unit
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 11 months ago.


Thank you for the information and your question, however, I am unclear on what you mean by "how do you get him back to his unit," can you explain what you are wanting to know? Are you asking how you talk him into going back or logistically how? Your son is 18 or over correct?