Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Licensed attorney in private practice.
7286322

I'm in the military ,have a sister in Houston in a coma but

Customer Question

I'm in the military ,have a sister in Houston in a coma but the husband doesn't want no one her family to see her, what can I do.?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Unless your sister has Living Will, Medical Power of Attorney, or, a Directive to Physicians (or any combination thereof) that names someone else as the decision-making party AND/OR specifically allows for visitation, then by default, her husband has the right to make decision for her. If so, then he can choose the visitors, and there is nothing that anyone can do unless you or someone else files in Court to take over legal decision making power based on his inability/lack of sound judgment. Which, I am guessing you may not be ready to do. If not, then there is really little other alternative.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.