Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Law
66887675

Since my son went into the Navy I haven't seen him. I think

Customer Question

Since my son went into the Navy I haven't seen him. I think he might be in a brig. How can I find out?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: I live in New York. He was stationed in Norfolk Virginia.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. I get messages from my son but i don't know where he's at. He may have been discharged and he's living somewhere else but I don't know.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: He said he was refusing to do what they wanted and that he was sick of bombing them because we're just posing them off.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 11 months ago.

What you should do is call his commanding officer at Norfolk and attempt to find out what happened to him.

You should also try the region legal service office for the mid-atlantic to see whether they have any information about his case. Their contact info is:

Legal Assistance Department

Appointment Line:(###) ###-####DSN(###) ###-####/p>

Emergency Walk-ins:(###) ###-####DSN:(###) ###-####/p>

You can also use the Navy's World Wide Locator. It is a service established to find the present duty station of active duty personnel. It can be used by family members. To do so, you must have the service member's full name, Social Security number, grade or rank, and, if possible, last known duty station.

Write to:

Navy World Wide Locator
Naval Personnel Command
Pers-312*****br />Millington, TN###-##-####/strong>

I hope this has been helpful. Please let me know whether my answer has been satisfactory.