Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

My wife is in the navy. I'm trying to find out how to

Customer Question
contact her commanding officer JA: Are...
My wife is in the navy. I'm trying to find out how to contact her commanding officer
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: stateside
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: i tryed legal affairs but they wouldnt give me any info
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
8/8/2016
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

That is, do you know where she is stationed? What unit she is with?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Shes at Lockland airforce base. shes in a-school. i dont know her unit but in bootcamp she was in div190

And have you contacted Lackland about this? If so response?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I talked to the legal office and they said they didnt have the information and even if they did they couldnt give it to me unless i have a military ID

Thank you
And the reason for this request? Why is it you need to know her commanders info?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I want to tell them that she hasnt sent me any of the BAH shes been receiving.

Thank you
The problem you face is the Privacy Act protects the personal information of your spouse...they will not release her information to you (even as the spouse)...including her command information.

That said, you raise a great point...Air Force Instruction 36-2906 places requirements on airmen to support their dependents if they receive BAH.

I am frankly surprised that legal did not help you.

But you can not force them to...still, you may be able to put some pressure on them.

If you call your congressional representative (your congressman) they will have a staff member that deals with military issues...consider calling them and complaining to them that the AF is not enforcing their rules and preventing you from contacting the commander.

I bet if you do this? That it is resolved in a week or so.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do i contact the representative for where I'm living or where Lockland is located?

No...YOUR representative. Where you live. They represent you and can engage with the AF to fix this.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit
Thanks for your understanding
Phil

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer