Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I'm currently in the Navy Reserves and facing administrative

Customer Question
seperation. I need to...
I'm currently in the Navy Reserves and facing administrative seperation. I need to know if I have a case to stop the process based on my circumstances.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Washington, DC
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I was notified of the administrative seperation 2 days ago
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes. I was honorably discharged from active duty on November 27th 2014. On January 10, 2015 I was scheduled to start indoctrination for the Reserves. On January 10 I applied for Individual Ready Reserve and was checked out of every department at NOSC Washington. I was advised by Manpower not to drill while my IRR paperwork was being processed. I submitted all of the required documentation to Manpower by 3/19/15, however the Manpower representative that I was working with never submitted my paperwork and I was never placed in an IRR status. I have a chain of email communications with various members of the chain of command showing all of their requests for paperwork, and all of my replies providing the paperwork. I submitted all documents that I was asked for and I was never placed in IRR. A year later, March 2016 I was notified that I had missed several drill weekends. I inquired about my IRR status and was told that I was not placed in IRR despite submitted all of the required documents.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/3/2016
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I see you are looking to talk on the phone. Easy....I will send the offer. There is a nominal charge ($5). Once you accept I can provide my #.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'd prefer an answer in writing as opposed to a phone call. I hit the phone call button looking for further info not making a request.

No worries...I will opt out and let someone else help you. Best of luck!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wait a minute I just paid for an answer from you. Am I going to be required to make an additional payment before the next associate will answer my question?

Sorry...I do not see that you accepted my offer..so you have not paid. You did leave a deposit. If you want you can have that refunded.

Again, best of luck!

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer