How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14369
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ms., Gibson, I served in the US Navy from 25 Oct 66 to 15

Customer Question

Hello Ms.Wilson, My name is ***** *****ph Gibson, I served in the US Navy from 25 Oct 66 to 15 July 70 and was honorably discharged. Since that time I have been trying to get a copy of my honorable discharge certificate DD256N, hopefully with your help please, yes for forty six years I have applied and applied without success, all I want is my certificate to put on my wall at home. I want to thank you in advance for your help. Below is my information: ***** *****ph Gibson, service number B412846, service date 25 Oct 66 to 15 July 70, Dob/19 Nov 46, service rank PO3, my current home address:***** Phila, Pa 19143, Ph#***-***-****. Thank You Again.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No that's about it
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I guess my question for you is , is there any way you might act on my behalf to get my honorable discharge certificate?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

That is not permitted by the terms of service...we can not represent you.

But I would be happy to talk about your case (perhaps I can give you some insight into the chance of success you may have). I will send the offer along for that ...if you accept I can provide my #

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Dennis, I have not heard from you and need to step away for a bit...I will check back in an hour or so

Related Military Law Questions