Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

My son is in the Army reserves and stationed at Guantanamo

Customer Question
Bay Cuba. He is 20...
My son is in the Army reserves and stationed at Guantanamo Bay Cuba. He is 20 years old and is being accused of rape or sexual assault. After a night of drinking he said he was extremely intoxicated, and some of the night is lost, he does not recall if he had sex or not. He and another soldier brought a female back to her room who was extremely intoxicated also, was getting sick and then placed her in bed and left. he has been questioned by some investigators on base who were extremely aggressive. initially he was talking with them and stopped and stated he wanted a lawyer. I am Police Officer in the California Bay area and have no clue about military law. Please help, I am sick to my stomach.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
7/24/2016
Military Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights / legal options that might potentially apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer