Kim Courtney
Kim Courtney,
Experience:  Founder/Member at Food Business Association
8989662

I had recently gotten a counseling 5 minutes late shift and

Customer Question

I had recently gotten a counseling for being 5 minutes late for my shift and "talking back" when I asked why the whole team and I was being punished and then attempted to say that I was going to relieve him earlier on his next shift which would be later that night. In the statement it says I disobeyed my lead after she told me I was unable to do something for the rest of the night which I did not, says that I challenged her when I asked why when I was simply asking why everyone was being punished when they had nothing to do with it. And is says I was being atguementative when I was just trying to tell her how I would make it up the the prior shift by relieving him early. And then to sum it up she brings up a previous counseling that was on April 7 for wearing my hat in a way that she did not like. So what I would like to know is can I go to her and request that the statement be revised and rewritten correctly with the truth after I agreed to it?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Kim Courtney replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

Sorry to hear about this situation. It's tough when people in positions of power over you aren't accurate in how they describe what you did.

Yes, I would go to her first and speak to her about possibly revising the statement. You need to be very nice and sensitive with her, because you don't want her to retaliate against you. So that is the risk of doing this. You have to decide if it is worth it for you to challenge her because she may feel like you are accusing her of lying, and then she might get angry.

But that would be the first step here is to talk to her directly, before going to one of her superiors.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks

Kim

Hello, this is Kim, the attorney who assisted you yesterday.

I didn't see any follow up questions for you and this question is still open.

I am online today if you have any questions about the above. If not, please do rank my answer with positive feedback, so that I get credit for my work with you.

Thanks so much and take care,

Kim

Hello, This is Kim, the attorney who assisted you last week.

I see that this question is still open. Please go ahead and rate my answer with positive feedback. The top three ratings will make sure that I get credit for my work with you.

Thanks so much and take care,

Kim