How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19208
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a reentry code of 3 and a uncharacterized discharge

Customer Question

I have a reentry code of 3 and a uncharacterized discharge how can I rejoin the army or can I even rejoin
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: What do u I mean how do I go about doing this
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I dont have any information on reenlisting
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: That my seperation code is jga and im a mail does he need my email
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

You've have to obtain a waiver to rejoin, but those aren't being granted right now. There are so many people trying to join the service and there are fewer positions available, so waivers aren't being granted.

That means that the only other way for you to be able to join is to have your RE code changed through the DD Form 149 process, which is a method of getting military records corrected or changed. You have to prove that the discharge status you received was either an error or an injustice to be able to change it.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.