How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14367
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was discharged from navy in 1976. Served 15 months and was

Customer Question

I was discharged from navy in 1976. Served 15 months and was discharged honorably after signing a form "existed prior to enlistment , not aggravated by service" for respiratory problems. I now have copd and am much worse. Do I have any recourse to apply for VA benefits other than medical? In other words, can you help me apply for disability payments ? I believe that there are extenuating circumstances to the cause and progression of my disease , e. g. Exposure to asbestos. Thank you, sincerely ***** ***** Wade***@******.***(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What are you trying to obtain??

Related Military Law Questions