Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I am in New York city. Husband of 12 years moved out we have

Customer Question

Hi I am in New York city. Husband of 12 years moved out we have one child I just discovered I am pregnant again. I am employed, am I entit to his bah
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If so what percentage.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Sorry your full question did not come through. Please resubmit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband an active duty soilder residing in New York City just moved out, we have one child and I just found out I am pregnant with our second. We have been mArried for 12 years I am currently employed am I entitled to any of his bah
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Id yea what percentage. He is a recruiter in queens new yoek
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
York

Yes, you would be entitled to any benefits or retirement that accrued while you were married. New York is an equitable law state meaning that the judge will decide what percentage is fair based on the circumstances. You would also be entitled to child support even on a temporary basis if you are pursuing a divorce or separation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I am mainly concern with bah ain't housing cost in nyc is very expensive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He just moved we are not at the divorce filing stage yet, that will come later right now I will have to move and I am more so concern about the next 2-3monrhs and what I need to do to ensure my daughter and I are xovwrws
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Covered

You may want to file for legal separation so that the judge can ensure that you have some temporary housing as the process plays out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, legal sep filing does take time, what do I so until then I have to move by the end of August less than 6 weeks aqay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Away

You should be able to stay there until then.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
While he is not living with us he will be getting bah,

I understand, this is why you need to file asap and ask for an emergency hearing to ensure you have housing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not certain you understand my question. The new school year will begin I have to move closer to my family to get help with my child New York is not like the south or Midwest no after school program, I am pregnant with a second child will need the support we are living in a rented property I have to move to make the necessary arrangements for my child.

Yes, I understand, but in order to get that temporary support including your portion of his bah then you need temporary orders.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the because we are in ny and the laws are differnt

This is how it would be in most states that I am familiar with.