Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

My gher ups are considering administratively reducing my

Customer Question
Hi my higher ups are...
Hi my higher ups are considering administratively reducing my rank due to a buildup of extremely minor negative counselings such as not having a shave in the field, and most of them are spread over several months. Is there anyway I can dispute this to keep my rank. I'm Marine Corps
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The negative counselings are my fault. I'm a Corporal but they are very minor and months apart. Spread over a year in the fleet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
7/13/2016
Military Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information and your question, however, I am unclear as to what process you are going through. Do you mean that your CO is convening a CRB to try to demote you, or are they going to take you to NJP for misconduct? Is CPL your permanent rank?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer