Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

My former spouse retired as a "reservist" June of 2015 (age…

My former spouse retired as...
My former spouse retired as a "reservist" June of 2015 (age 60). We were divorced in 1995 and our divorce decree addresses my share of his retirement in a fraction equation as follows: number of years married over number of years of total service. Last year when I submitted paper work to DFAS and they require the following: number of points accrued during marriage over total number of points during career. Simply, the words "years" need to be replaced with the words "points". Former spouse refuses to do this. What are my options?
7/11/2016
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if you need to modify the decree?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can this phone call be made tomorrow at 10 a.m tomorrow ET?

I can speak then...I will send my #. Please give a call tomorrow am.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you!
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer