How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14268
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is this consult free? I have already retained counsel, I

Customer Question

hi, is this consult free?
JA: The Military Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: I have already retained counsel, I have a simple question regarding my rights to obtaining his LES so that I can figure out the monetary obligations owe to me and our children.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: FL
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: are final hearing was supposed to yesterday but rather the magistrate gave the defendant additional time to supply basic documents, it may also become contested bc he doesn't want to give me a portion of his retirement
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: he's claiming that he will lose his BAH once we divorce thus affecting his ability to pay alimony, equitable distribution of debt, & child support, he's also refusing to name myself and or the children as beneficiaries to his life insurance, I have 100% physical and legal custody, he has not completed the courts requirements for visitation rights, nor has he supple the court with adequate information such ss#, physical address, and his most recent LES is from oct., he's considered a "geo-bachelor" and we have resin to believe that he has lied to finance and housing to obtain off post housing all while claiming full dependent BAH
JA: Has anything been filed in court yet?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also need information regarding retirement calculations, I do not know how much to ask for, the magistrate asked for a percentage and an amount but I have no clue how to calculate that or where to find it. We have been married for 10 years , and the marriage overlaps the service by 2 days so I am entitled to direct payment from DFAS.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

You ask if this is free?

Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer. I am happy to provide an answer for you...but want to ensure you are willing to rate/accept the answer when we complete. Do you agree with this?