Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I want to reverse my DD258A (chap 10) from 1970. florida I…

I want to reverse...

I want to reverse my DD258A (chap 10) from 1970.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?

Florida I trans ported agent orange to various points

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?

At 17 years old in 1969 others older than me basicly talked me in to bad situitions

7/5/2016
Allen M., Esq.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

There is a process for upgrading discharges from that long ago, but it very difficult to do and is not something that automatically happens just based on the passage of time or the positive life changes you have made since the time of discharge.

Discharge statuses are intended to be permanent. They are only altered when you can establish that the original discharge, at the time it was given, was an error or was an injustice (based on bias, ignored facts or unduly harsh punishment out of balance with the alleged offense). You would need to file a DD Form 149 with the military records corrections board to attempt to have that discharge upgraded.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't really know the reason AR635-200 SPN246 Chap 10
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I beleave im a victim of agent orange

That type of discharge is for misconduct but it is also a separation for the good of the service.

I can certainly understand your believe about Agent Orange, and that would be an argument that your separation was an injustice as it didn't take into consideration your medical issues.

You need to pull your records from the archives, get some medical evidence to support your belief and then file your DD Form 149.

https://www.archives.gov/veterans/https://www.archives.gov/veterans/

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer