How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14361
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I needed to get navy discharge papers father. He ( E.

Customer Question

I needed to get navy discharge papers for my father. He (Thomas E. ********) is deceased
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Grand Rapids, Michigan
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: My father and mother have a lawyer locally, but I did not contact them. I don't know what else the lawyer should need.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I did not understand what you were providing. I just wanted to get a copy of discharge papers from the Navy for my father.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me how to get those?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Sure. I've ordered those before for probate work as well as for research.

Do you know when he was released from the Navy? Different years require different procedures.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I would like to get those papers another way. Do you still charge me the $5? Thanks.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what the website does. i'll send this in for a refudn though.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!

Related Military Law Questions