P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I'm working on my family tree and had two uncles and a

Customer Question

I'm working on my family tree and had two uncles and a father that served in the services One enlisted in 1941, the second in 1942, and the third in 1943. I'm having a difficult time finding any information about their serves. My uncle that enlisted on 7 of January 1943 was severely injured during his time. I did find that Section I injury ar815-361 was on a record. I know he lost his leg and received a wooden leg but I would like to know what the ar815-361 stands for. Can you help?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: West liberty kentucky
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: He was released from duty December 1945. He spent a year at a hospital in Michigan
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

can you give some context...what do you mean by

I know he lost his leg and received a wooden leg but I would like to know what the ar815-361 stands for.

What are you referring to?