Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney and former Navy JAG serving ashore, afloat and at the OJAG
19127644

I was reduced from e4 to e3 and i have bah can the navy take

Customer Question

i was reduced from e4 to e3 and i have bah can the navy take that away from me
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Hawaii
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: i had bah as an e4 and I'm single
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. No, your BAH will not be taken away from you. Although there are some circumstances where BAH can be reduced after RIR from NJP, this would not be one of them because the E-3 rate without dependents and the E-4 rate without dependents is the same. If they were not, then your rate could be reduced to whatever the E-3 rate is in your geographic area. You can find more information on BAH rates, etc., by going to the following link: http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/bah.cfm

Please feel free ask for clarification if needed. If I do not respond immediately it is because I am temporarily offline or assisting another customer and I will respond as soon as possible. If no further assistance is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 23rd. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit(paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.