How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14447
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can't get a DD214. St.Louis tried no luck.Enlisted in Navy

Customer Question

Can't get a DD214. St.Louis tried no luck.Enlisted in Navy Reserve in 1955. Received Honorable Discharge May 30th, 1963 in the mail addressed to my mothers home as that's the only address the Navy had. I did boot camp at Great Lakes. Never did active duty. On letter from Naval Reserve Manpower Center in Bainbridge, Md Shows: Branch and Class: USNR-S1. It also shows service #(###) ###-####which is also on my Discharge Paper. Is there anything else that I can prove I was in the Navy. Anxiously looking forward to your reply. Dennis Hunter. E-mail***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Can you tell me, what did National Archives tell you exactly? Are they claiming your record was destroyed? OR that it does not exist?