How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14272
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dad worked government all s life. He was in the Air Force

Customer Question

My dad worked for the government all his life. He was in the Air Force with honorable discharge and was a ship fitter for the Department of the Navy the rest of his career. He passed away 12/27/15. He had no Federal Employees life insurance but I received a Order of Precedence for the Office of Personnel Management saying there my be a lump sum.
Should I fill out the CSRS application for death benefits and is there anyone who can help with this.Regards,Rick
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }A:link { }

Thank you for your question.

I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or

Typically if you contact CSRS you can get them to assist you with what you need to complete the form.

You may contact customer service at to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####

Related Military Law Questions