How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 37639
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do my fiancé lives in México and we are trying to figure out

Customer Question

Do my fiancé lives in México and we are trying to figure out what we need to do and where we can get married. Because it would be so much cheaper to get married down there. Being a medically retried A1C from the USAF, I understand that it will be really easy for me. So I don't want anything that is going to cost me money.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon David,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

First of all, from one veteran to another, thank you for your service to our country!

Quite frankly, the process of getting married is much easier and less expensive in the US for an American to marry a Mexican Citizen. However, you are correct, the cost of a big ceremony party after will be less expensive. The cost of a marriage license and ceremony in CA can be about $100 if you just want a marriage. It will cost you 10 times that much, or more, if you get married in Mexico.

Basically, to marry a Mexican Citizen in Mexico you will need to have your Passport and Tourist Permit, birth certificate, marriage application and if you have been divorced or widowed, a copy of the divorce decree or death certificate. You will need to have blood work and in some states a chest x-ray done, in Mexico. You'll need 4 witnesses for the ceremony.

Because you are an American, you will need to present to the appropriate Civil Registry in the state in Mexico where you plan to marry certain documents. The documents are referred to in this link:

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?

In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Hi David,

Is there anything else I can assist you with before I leave my office for the evening?


Related Military Law Questions