How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14386
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I served in the service four years during the early 70s

Customer Question

I served in the service four years during the early 70s (received Honorable Discgarge DD214)and went into the active reserves afterward, but developed a pancreas infection that eventually developed into full blown diabetes, I went to the VA 1st then a civilian doctor later that was much easier to go to! I wanted to return & finish, but that eventually became out of the question! BUT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO SOMETHING MORE THAN MY FOUR YEARS, NOW A MEMBER OF THE AMERICAN LEGION, ETC! Any comments? To be honest I'm nor sure how the medical paperwork was handled, and thought I could get back after the medical prob was over, which it never was!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THAT'S HONORABLE DISCHARGE!!! I type too fast & depend too much on spell check!
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for the information, however, I am unclear on what your question is. Are you asking if you could reenlist? If so, did I understand you correctly that you were on active-duty in the 70's?

Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I see where you read my request for more information, but not where you responded. If you still need assistance, I will need that information before I can assist you and will respond as soon as I am available after you provide it. If you no longer need assistance, then you can contact the Site's customer service and request that they refund you any deposit that you might have made to them.

Related Military Law Questions