How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19285
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When we got our divorce , he filed in Mo. We married in

Customer Question

When we got our divorce , he filed in Mo. We married in Temple , Texas . There were many discrepancies and I never received any paperwork. I was just thinking that I never got my divorce papers . So he just started having a relationship with his son and told my son that he did retire . he his out so he wouldn't have to give me my part of the retirement . The divorce was in 1990 . I was told that since I wasn't aware of what he did , that I could take it back to a Military Court and let them hear the case and decide then . I pray for this to happen , he's living in N.J talking about building a Condo . I'm living on Social Security and barely making it .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

If you never received the paper work, then you can go back to Court and contest the property division. However, the Court would want to know why you waited 26 years before bringing your concerns to the Court.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Related Military Law Questions