P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I was informed via email about my change of rater of my OER

Customer Question

I was informed via email about my change of rater of my OER coming off a six month deployment that it's being referred due to my APFT was outside of my rating period. Not sure what this is, my rater did not return from R&R and apparently I was told by my rater not coming back to theater that ceased my rating period yet I was in country past the time my rater failed to return.
JA: The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I'm currently on leave. I return the beginning of next month, I was an augmentee so that leadership was not my home command and my duty station is not a traditional duty assignment, there's no JAG office. There's a civilian attorney for the command.
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: I'm stationed in FL, the command I supported in Afghanistan was out of TX.
JA: Is there anything else the Military Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No, my rater did not return the beginning of March. I took my APFT for my eval because I knew I was leaving mid April. Not sure why my rating period was cutoff because my rater did not return from leave, and I was still at the deployment site.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Sorry...I am not sure I understand. Have you received this OER yet? IF so is it mentioning an APFT that was taken outside the rating period?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Regarding my issue I have not received my OER. I'm on leave through the holiday weekend. I'll be driving back to my duty station in Florida. I can take phone calls at(###) ###-#### Thank you.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Phone would be easier...there is an additional charge. I will send the offer. If you accept I can give a call