How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14447
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a military arrest record that occurred in 2009

Customer Question

I have a military arrest record that occurred in 2009 for wrongful distribution of percocets. I have attended the police academy in Texas and have been unable to obtain employment with a police department. I'm not sure what I can do about the record. What options are available to me?
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: Due to the fact that they don't know military law. They advised me to seek out a JAG lawyer or a lawyer who is up to date on military law.
JA: Is there anything else the Military Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I have an uncharacterized discharge. Upon researching the subject, due to insufficient time spent in the military there is no option to upgrade my discharge. The discharge was made under separation code JFV, reenlistment code 3. AR 635-200, PARA 5-17. Condition, not a disability. Is there anything I can do about the discharge?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Are you can somehow erase this record?