Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

How are you, I'm Fred. I was just trying to get a better

Customer Question
Hi how are you, I'm...
Hi how are you, I'm Fred. I was just trying to get a better understanding of the policy of a Sergeant and a Specialist dating. If it is a problem or not
JA: The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I have not. Not really interested in speaking with a lawyer. Just doing a little research
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Military Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Military Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: That's all there really is. I'm just trying to see when it becomes a issue of the sergeant and specialist dating. They are in different sections of a platoon so the sergeant is not in charge of the specialist. That's all really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
5/14/2016
Military Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Sam, Attorney at Law
From the AR 4-14 found at this LINK on or about page 28 Of The Document. Relationships between Soldiers of different rank are prohibited if they—(1) Compromise, or appear to compromise, the integrity of supervisory authority or the chain of command.(2) Cause actual or perceived partiality or unfairness.(3) Involve, or appear to involve, the improper use of rank or position for personal gain.(4) Are, or are perceived to be, exploitative or coercive in nature.(5) Create an actual or clearly predictable adverse impact on discipline, authority, morale, or the ability of the command to accomplish its mission. Because the specialist is not under your command, there may be an exemption. However, you should consider discussing this with JAQ as a hypothetical so there are no problems in the future - such as if for some reason you would become their commander.
Sam, Attorney at Law