Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I join the pa army national guard but now i realize it was

Customer Question
I join the pa army...
I join the pa army national guard but now i realize it was a mistake. I don,t have to report for basic traing until oct. 1st. I have been accepted to college and was to go, can I get out of my military commitment
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
5/7/2016
Military Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question. Yes, you can withdrawal from the PA National Guard. It is called an Administrative Separation. This is a non-disciplinary discharge from the Guard. It is not in any way a punitive action by the military. The way you put this into effect is to write to the CO of your assigned unit. Copy the Unit JAG Officer. Tell them that you have decided that the Guard is not the correct course for you and that you request an Administrative Separation. Do not go to basic training. You will get phone calls and letters (especially from your recruiter) trying to get you to at least attend basic training. These letters will cajole you, the phone calls will threaten you and try to scare you. This is because once you are at basic training they can put a lot of pressure on you and make it more difficult for you. But if you do not go to basic training they will process the Administrative Separation. Here is the policy regarding Administrative Separations.http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r135_178.pdf I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday. Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.Good luck. Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing. Kind regards,Gerald
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer