How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 33935
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am divorced and my ex husband was ordered to pay me half

Customer Question

I am divorced and my ex husband was ordered to pay me half of his retirement... All of his retirement now goes to him and he payes me my half whenever he feels like it... How do I get DOD to send me my part and send him his part instead of waiting for my part...
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Please be patient when waiting for a response. I may be looking something up, typing the response, or busy with something else and sometimes it takes a while to respond. You have to have a court order entered directing the military to make the payments directly to you. In civilian terms it is an order known as a QDRO. In the military I believe it is a Request for Deemed Election (DD Form 2656-10). You would have to submit that long with some other documents, specifically a a certified copy of the judgment or court order awarding the pension.However, there is a limited amount of time to do this with a military pension. I think the time is one year in almost all cases so you need to get with an attorney ASAP.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You...
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome. Best wishes to you and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.