How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14359
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sir/Ma'am, I was an army ABN/RGR infantry officer with an RA

Customer Question

Sir/Ma'am, I was an army ABN/RGR infantry officer with an RA commission from WVU!!! Long story short, I had about 9-10 years active duty service!!!! I was medically retired with 20% S/C under "combat related conditions", injured by an instrumentality of war "mitary parachute"! I appealed their decision, and was to have an formal hearing with PEB!!! Before the appeal took place, my ex- wife's boyfriend sexually molested my daughter and the state of WV gave me temp custody!!!! I could not fight for my daughter and the Army at the same time, so I just accepted their 20% and fought for full custody of my daughter and won!!! When I filed my VA claim, I was awarded 100% from the following day which was 26 August 00!!! The army totally screwed me and my case up!!! I was even denied entry into the NG due to my injuries!!! I was discharged as a CPT!!!! Can I go back and fight the Army for at a minimum of 30% retirement??? Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. I am sorry for this dilemma...but not sure I understand your question. You want to know if you can appeal the decision of 20%? IF so how long ago did this happen?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Looks like your credit card failed (so the phone call could not be processed). If you contact customer service at 1800-679-634they can address this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Sir, my card was charged $44.00, then charged another $59.00 a few moments ago!!!! This is why your transaction was declined!!! I guess I'm just an "Dumb ass army ranger", but I when when I'm be taken!!! U replied that u didn't quite understand the question!!! Well sir, I don't know how much simpler it could have been!!!! We always made fun of JAG officers in the Army, we called them "REMF's"!!! For the record, I contacted my card holder and told them to cancell the card, as well as the transactions!!! In short, just another internet scam!!! Thanks for ALL the help!!! Lol
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Umm...OK...As I mentioned prior, you COULD contact customer service and resolve this. Or not...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Philip, u didn't even place a complete 800 # ***** your response!!! Just take a look 1-800-679-634 Duh??? There is no phone # ***** me to contact!!!!!
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Sorry...copied the wrong one...this will work 1.***-***-****they can solve this problem

Related Military Law Questions