How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19306
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have full physical and legal custody of my children. My ex-spouse

Customer Question

I have full physical and legal custody of my children. My ex-spouse came to visit the children and there was an aggressive altercation that occurred off base. She hit me in front of the children. When I returned to the base where I reside, I informed security of the altercation. They advised if she came to base, she would be stopped at the gate and only be granted access via a security forces escort to my house and that she would be allowed to say goodbye to the children and then would be escorted off base. I was not home when they ended up escorting her to my home so they escorted her off base. The next day she re-entered the base by being sponsored by another resident living at the base. The gate guard did not know she was getting on base because they check ID for the driver of the car but if that person has access to sponsor anyone on base, then they don't check IDs of other folks in the car. Could my ex-spouse be in violation of any law or code by gaining access to the base even after she was only allowed to enter with a security forces escort and was then taken off base by security forces escort the day before?
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I've not contacted a lawyer
JA: Is there anything else the Military Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: If possible, I'd like this conversation not to be posted online for public view.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance. Unless and until there is some sort of paper order from the base commander baring her from base, it's not really a legal violation. There is nothing illegal about getting someone to sponsor you onto base unless it is done in contravention to a base debarment. If there was a base debarment in place, then she'd be subject to federal prosecution by the federal magistrate for trespassing. If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.