Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I don't know how to begin with this question. We may be naive,

Customer Question
and downright insane. Today my...
I don't know how to begin with this question. We may be naive, and downright insane. Today my husband and I got married, he is active duty Army. He didn't tell his first line, and when they called him in for work (everyone had a 3 day weekend) he stated he didn't have his car and was going to a very important family meeting. My husband is tired and sick of the army, and his mental health is suffering. The anxiety attacks and what's been going on is driving us both crazy. He spoke to his first line about this today, and it seems they are going to punish him with an article 15 or worse. They have been very flip-floppy and allowed others not to come in today who were not in the local area.
We need help and answers. The sergeant called us stating he has to come in tomorrow, won't explain why. We don't know what's going to happen, but I know we might need a lawyer or counseling. We seriously need help, and I need to know if there's anything I can do as his legally bound spouse. I am taking him to base tomorrow.
The fear and mental torture is horrible, we don't know where to start and need general help. I don't want him to go AWOL and fulfill his contract, but I'm worried about him and his well-being.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
4/23/2016
Military Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Hello,Thank you for the information, however, I am unclear why your husband is possibly facing an Article 15, can you clarify what the specific charge would be? Also, how long has he been in the Army and what is his rank? I will be away from my computer for most of the day, but will respond as soon as I can after you provide the information I need.
Hello again,I see that you read my request for more information, but not where you responded. If you responded, it did not come through and I will have to ask you to send it again. If you no longer need assistance, you can contact customer service for a refund of any deposit you might have left with them. Thank you
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer