Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

CAN FAMILY MEMBER OF A DECEASE MILITARY PERSON SUE THE

Customer Question
MILITARY FOR Civil Rights Conspiracy...
CAN FAMILY MEMBER OF A DECEASE MILITARY PERSON SUE THE MILITARY FOR Civil Rights Conspiracy and medical negligence.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/15/2016
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

It is possible to sue the federal government for medical negligence. The law suit would need to be filed under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA). There is a 2 year statute of limitations for this...so the initial claim must be filed within 2 years of the event.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Attorney Philip we are looking for an lawyer who can get answer as we continue to get closure on the untimely death of our son. We strongly feel our son civil rights were violated and the negligence in his medical diagnosis/treatment contributed to his untimely death.

Thank you...but I do not understand your follow on question...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I guest my question is do you know of a firm that is willing to take on a case like this on a contingency a case against the military?

That I do not...but let me opt out...it may be another expert here will have an answer for you

Military Lawyer: N Cal Atty, Military Law Answer Team replied 1 year ago
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Military Law Answer Team

New Expert here.

You can get a free consultation from some of the local medical malpractice attorneys listed here.

Suing the military for a civil rights violation is problematical and I don't have enough facts to form an opinion at to whether you have a case.

The statute of limitations for medical malpractice in California is usually three years, see section 340.5 at

http://leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=ccp&group=00001-01000&file=335-349.4

Please follow up on this with a local attorney.

I hope this information is helpful.

Most medical malpractice cases are done for a contingent fee.

N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Military Law Answer Team