How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14430
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My type of discharge I received from the US Marine Corps in

Customer Question

My type of discharge I received from the US Marine Corps in 1976
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: It was not a dishonorable discharge but when I was young I decided not to go to back to days I was sent to jail and they said I had an undesirable discharge but in this the 70s I think you're off or change some of that and I'm just curious to know what happened to me
JA: Anything else I can tell the Military Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes I graduated from Marine Corps boot camp December 27th 1974 and then I was stationed at 29 Palms in 1975 then I have the problem and I would just like to know what kind of discharge I received and if it's a general discharge would I be eligible eligible for any year veterans benefits thank you
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry...but I am not sure of the question...are you asking how to request a copy of the discharge (so you can view it yourself)?