Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Reasons in rate and medical discharge. also how

Customer Question
reasons for reduction in rate...
reasons for reduction in rate and medical discharge. also how long does this process take for downgraded from E6 to E5 and time of discharge thank you
JA: The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: mix up in orders. new orders made without his knowledge never showed at new command. Went to mast Navy said he was UA ? What does this mean? He was dropped in rate from E6 to E5 with over 8+ years now gwetting discharged with medical. TY for your help. Sailors Uncle Don
JA: Anything else I can tell the Military Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: I do not know any more details. He needs some help. He planned a career with Navy Loves the Navy and his classified job.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/12/2016
Military Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The process for being downgraded and also discharged generally takes 30 days or less, depending on the command submitting the paperwork. The demotion generally occurs simultaneously with the discharge. UA means "unauthorized absence" and that means he was not where he was supposed to be under his orders. He can appeal his discharge to his command and is entitled to legal representation from JAG so he needs to contact his local JAG officer to get some representation to try to seek a lesser penalty and to try to stop the discharge.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney