How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 34307
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****, and I'm just trying too find out

Customer Question

Hello Sir, My name is ***** *****, and I'm just trying too find out what discharged I recieved. I was in the US USMC* in 2003 until approximately 2005 and just wondering how I can obtain that information and if it is all possible in going back into the military...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was in the Reserve unit out of Joliet IL as a 3521 diesel mech and in all honesty I made a mistake and I popped on a drug test but they said that I wasn't going to relieve aa dishonorable discharge, but just trying too find out what exact discharge I did receive and if there is any chance of me starting over
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Military Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. I am here to help
Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
Marine, I want to make sure I understand your question...are you asking how to request a copy of your discharge certificate ?

Related Military Law Questions