How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 34535
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have orders to detach from my command, but I had an njp a

Customer Question

I have orders to detach from my command, but I had an njp a few days ago and they are trying to separate me
JA: The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: What kind of information?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Military Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: I am pregnant and am not supposed to stay at my command past 20 weeks, im 17 today. I requested orders for change of command, and it was approved & I got my orders. But, I got in trouble for having alcohol in the barracks room and I got njp, 30 days restriction and bust down in rank. I then got caught with my phone, and was sent to njp again on Friday. The CO gave me 45 more days of restriction, emi, and half months pay deduction, along with requesting to adsep me.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. I am here to help
Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long would the process take if I request to appeal my charges? Would I be stuck at this command longer? Will they wait until my restriction is up to separate me or will they start that process immediately? & is there any way that I can have my punishment lessened or be able to leave with the orders I have now? Basically, I want to leave as soon as possible. I don't care if I'm separated or not. Just what process will get me out of here the fastest? & is there anyway I can keep the orders I have now to leave in 6 days?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thanks...are your orders transfer orders or separation orders?

Related Military Law Questions