How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Griesch Your Own Question
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 324
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Peter Griesch is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to get medically separated from the marine corps, I

Customer Question

I want to get medically separated from the marine corps, I recently found that my thyroid glands aren't normal and I've been having chest pain so I can go about getting medically separated
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: What more information do you need
JA: Anything else I can tell the Military Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: I've been depressed as well, trouble sleeping they gave me sleeping pills.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your inquiry.The way that it works is that the Navy doctor that is treating you must make a determination that your condition is 1) something that prevents full service, and 2) is a condition that is not treatable / curable to get you back to full service. If the condition is chronic, and will prevent you serving further, the doctor will make his recommendation up his chain of command.At that point it will be determined whether your medical file should be reviewed by a medical review board.If the medical review board agrees with the doctor treating you, then you'll be medically discharged.Please let me know if you need anything clarified or have additional questions.

Related Military Law Questions