How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19169
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to chapter out of the army. my sergeants are telling

Customer Question

I want to chapter out of the army. my sergeants are telling me that they will not ***** ***** my chapter and that im stuck is there anyway I can chapter
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i failed out of one ait and i relised i cannot do the army. i just want to get out before i hurt myself because i am so unhappy in the army
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Military Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance. Unfortunately no. Military separations are done at the discretion of your command and, in most AIT situations, those commanders just are not interested in processing them. If your chain of command has already refused to support a separation at this point, you really only have two options. 1. Pass AIT and then make a request of your new command once you are assigned. Regular unit commanders are much more interested and prepared to separate people. 2. Continue to fail AIT and, at some point, they'll have to separate you for performance issues. This is a long road though, mostly because you'll be in a training environment that entire time. I don't recommend this, if you have a choice. I know you'd like to hear differently and I'm sure you're hearing about "loopholes" from all the barracks lawyers there (I'm former Army enlisted...I know the rumors), but those are all myths. The only surefire was to get separated is to fail a drug test, but you don't want that history in your record. If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.

Related Military Law Questions