How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19223
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** Walker. I was injured during

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** ***** Walker. I was injured during Navy basic training, but was not further worked on due to many reasons (they didn't really tell me why). I was separated due to the 2 injuries I received in 2 weeks, leading me to become very depressed and stressed. I was separated as a 2311 and have no idea if I qualify for help for an injury that still bothers me to this day. (Separated August 28th I believe)
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: More details about the injury or my question on where I stand because of it? Because I am quite unsure if I qualify for help by the VA or not
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Military Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance. Yes, you would be eligible. An entry level status separation for the issues that you discussed do not disqualify you for seeking service connected injury coverage from the VA. Where people don't get to seek coverage, they require a discharge that is Other than Honorable discharge given through a Discharge Board for misconduct. With your discharge status, you can certainly file for VA connection. You will have to establish service connection for the injuries and your present conduct, but that is not difficult to do given that you were injured during basic and there would be medical records establishing the injury. If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.