Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My husband retired 1997. We got married 12/12/98 so we have

Customer Question

My husband retired 1997. We got married 12/12/98 so we have been married 16 1/2yrs. I became disabled 10 years ago. I believe we will be divorcing. Am I able for the Conversion Health Policy? Right now Medicare is my primary and Tri-Care is my secondary. Can you please reply.. In November I will be 60.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are not eligible for continuation of tricare, which it does not seem like you would be, then you would be eligible for a conversion policy. Also, based on the long term marriage, the court will likely make your husband liable for payment for the cost of your private health insurance plan, since it is his plan that you are losing coverage under. Even though medicare is your primary, you would be entitled to get a new secondary for coverage under the conversion plan.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much are the premiums?
Thank you for your reply.
We cannot tell you the amount of the premiums, those depend on the coverage you get, plus your age. That is for the insurance office to tell you and they need much more information from you then we can take in this forum.