How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19182
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A retired navy woman who is married having an affair with my

Customer Question

A retired navy woman who is married having an affair with my husband which in turn has asked for divorce I was forced to leave our home of 20 years what if anything can I do she is a federal employee now with USDA
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

Very little really. The military doesn't police its retirees. Though they are technically subject to recall and the UCMJ, we only really ever recall them for very serious offenses like murder, child molestation and sexual assault, or for an offense that directly touches on national security.

You can certainly contact the federal employer, who can then contact the military to see if any commander is going to care enough to go through the process to bring the person out of retirement, but I have never actually seen it done (and I've been involved with military law since 1993).

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.

Related Military Law Questions