Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Sir,.... G. Workman,..I'm 61 yrs. old, and I was discharged

Customer Question
Sir,....My name is***** 61 yrs...
Sir,....My name is***** 61 yrs. old, and I was discharged with a dishonorable discharge form the u.s. coast guard november 11, 1981,....is there anything I can do to get this changed now??
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
3/19/2016
Military Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the dishonorable discharge was for some mistake or you believe it is incorrect, then you have to file with the USCG Board of Correction of Military Records (http://www.uscg.mil/legal/BCMR.asp). You have to explain your good cause reason as to why the record should be corrected and it should be removed from your records.
Unfortunately, if there was good cause for the dishonorable discharge, then legally I am afraid there is no way to remove that from your records, I am sorry.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney