How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 116757
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sir,.... G. Workman,..I'm 61 yrs. old, and I was discharged

Customer Question

Sir,....My name is***** 61 yrs. old, and I was discharged with a dishonorable discharge form the u.s. coast guard november 11, 1981, there anything I can do to get this changed now??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the dishonorable discharge was for some mistake or you believe it is incorrect, then you have to file with the USCG Board of Correction of Military Records ( You have to explain your good cause reason as to why the record should be corrected and it should be removed from your records.
Unfortunately, if there was good cause for the dishonorable discharge, then legally I am afraid there is no way to remove that from your records, I am sorry.